TODAY’S WORLD LITERACY CENTER™
GIVE YOUR CHILD A LEADING EDGE
Research indicates students who make it to the top academically often have PARALLEL STUDY PROGRAMS beyond what their schools provide.
TODAY'S WORLD LITERACY CENTER ONLINE offers Top Quality Online Tutoring for grades 3 through 12 in Language Arts & Cultural Enrichment
Private / Semi-Private Sessions on a weekly basis. Our total fee for an hour-long lesson (private or shared) is $100. A 45-minute private lesson is $75.
Those new toTWLC can find an introduction to our program and philosophy below. Please check the links at right for recent updates to our online format.
WESTERN CULTURAL APPRECIATION
Incorporated at all levels, our study of the history of Western culture offers students and their families the opportunity to examine & discuss essential elements of Western intellectual and artistic achievement through
- Art analysis integrated with regular writing assignments, supplemented with family-geared presentations
- Contemporary and Classical Poetry analysis and written assignments
- Philosophy: Discussion and analysis of major philosophical thought and works from classical and modern sources
TEST PREPARATION: PROVEN RESULTS
- Common Core and Practice Testing
- SAT, PSAT, ACT preparation
- SSAT/ISEE for middle & high school levels
TWLC’S program is based on the highly successful system developed by our founder, Barbara Henke. We are honored and proud to carry her groundbreaking work forward into the 21st century.
We tutor students from grades 3 through 12. Our TOTAL LAL program, geared towards middle-schoolers, includes:
- Reading comprehension/Read & Response in fiction and nonfiction
- Writing across the curriculum, supporting Common Core Standards
- Vocabulary: Daily words, weekly drills and integration with composition
- News Analysis, Delivery & Journaling
Our High School Enrichment/College Preparation program offers:
HIGH SCHOOL ENRICHMENT
- AP/Honors Supplementary work
- Critical Analysis of Literature and Poetry
- HS Level News Analysis and Presentation
- College Essay Preparation